Lynnette from Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground issued a challenge to post 100 things about ourselves, that the general public would not know.
I am pretty boring, so I hope you stay awake!!! Here goes nothing:
100. I love to sleep. (yet I have 5 small children!)
99. I hate socks, shoes, or anything that restrains my feet in any way.
98. Certain sandals are acceptable.
97. I love the rain, it's my very favorite weather. A nice downpour, free of lightning.
96. I could never live life in an area of the world where I was landlocked, even though I hate swimming.
95. I hate boats, yet I still have a need to live near water.
94. I love books.
93. Non-fiction books are my favorite.
92. I love classic literature.
91. I love the outdoors, but I hate mosquito's.
90. I don't like being too hot.
89. I prefer chilly weather to hot weather....but not sub-arctic.
88. I only like numbers divisible by the number 7. (7, 14, 21....etc)
87. If you have gotten this far you will have realized that I am a tad quirky.
86. I love girl punk bands.
85. I have always wanted to dye my hair hot pink.
84. I never thought I would be a mother.
83. My aspiration throughout middle school was to be a jockey.
82. I rode horses through most of my junior/senior high school years.
81. I was the best runner on my girls cross country team in grades 7, 8, 9, & 10....prior to boys and sports injury.
80. I sang in a group called the Fantasia Singers in high School...like glee club. Haha.
79. I hung out in the computer lab for most of my junior and senior years.
78. I love all things logical.
77. Biology has always been my favorite subject.
76. I hated English class. I was terrible at it....except for the reading part.
75. I HATED GYM CLASS, and barely passed. I was a good runner, but I avoid sports with balls at all costs.
74. I am excruciatingly uncoordinated. Always have been.
73. Josh is 3 years older than me.
72. I skipped over 50 days of school my senior year, and I should have flunked.
71. I was slapped on the wrist, and never got in trouble because I was considered a "good girl"
70. I made my own report card for almost a year (with the help of some friends at first...then on my own), because I was scared to tell my parents I flunked health class the previous year.
69. I am not as bad as I sound. There were reasons for my disobedience...I was genuinely afraid.
68. I did not grow up in the church.
67. I accepted Christ in 1993.
66. I re-dedicated in 1999.
65. I went through an extreme depression in 1998-1999.
64. I worked at Sears for almost 3 years.
63. I was a photographer at JCPenny while in school.
62. I worked for a brilliant doctor (internal medicine) for 3 years before having Reagan.
61. I worked for a group of retinal surgeons before going on maternity leave (which ended up being permanent) in 2003.
60. I got pregnant with Reagan 2 weeks after starting work with the surgeons.
59. I was never supposed to have babies.
58. I have stage 3/4 Endometriosis, and mild Poly-Cystic Ovarian Disease.
57. I have had 5 uterine surgeries (if you include my c-section with the triplets...which was the most extensive surgery of all!)
56. The next one will be a hysterectomy.
55. We had chickens, cows, and a couple of horses when I was growing up.
54. We plant a large garden every year, and I am looking forward to it this year.
53. Our kitchen is disgusting.
52. We planned on gutting it immediately after moving in...but triplets happened!!!!
51. As of today we are a one car family.
50. I freak out if anyone (including a doctor, or my husband) touches my elbows.
49. The same freak out applies to my toenails.
48. We try to eat only organically grown food.
47. I have attempted to go on a RAW food diet (myself only) several times.
46. I gained 60 pounds in 3 months in 1999 after a course of high dose steroids for a bleeding disorder.
45. I am still trying to get it off.
44. I love artwork made by kids, but I am not fond of the adult variety.
43. I don't like movies. Most are too long to hold my attention, unless it's REALLY good.
42. I love "A Brave New World", and "Fahrenheit 451". Two of my favorite books.
41. I also love "Pride and Prejudice", and "Wuthering Heights".
40. I recently read the Twilight series, and loved it.
39. I watch Grey's Anatomy, and I am ashamed.
38. I watch House, M.D., and I am not ashamed.
37. I still think Scrubs is the most underrated comedy on TV.
36. I find LOST fascinating.
35. I hate reality TV, but Josh LOVES it.
34. I get my news from the internet, while Josh listens to talk radio.
33. I hate being pregnant.
32. I liked labor.
31. I love having new babies in the house.
30. I am devastated that I won't ever have another baby....kind of.
29. I am thankful every single day that God allowed me to overcome infertility, with the help of some exceptional doctors.
28. I love the sound of my older kids giggling together.
27. I love the fluffiness of Delaney's hair.
26. I love the feel of Joel's soft skin.
25. I love Addison's punky little voice. It makes me smile every time.
24. I never ever ever imagined my life would turn out this way.
23. I would not have it any other way.
22. Except for having a 9 passenger Suburban in my driveway (just kidding!!!!)
21. I loved nursing my kids.
20. I loved co-sleeping with all of my kids, and I secretly miss it a LOT. (Josh, not so cuddly at night!!)
19. My favorite colors are Green and Purple.
18. My favorite day of the year is Derby Day (Kentucky Derby) it's MY superbowl.
17. Of all the other sports, I DO love LOVE love football.
16. I am a Bills fan. (Buffalo)
15. I hate baseball.
14. I am a registered Libertarian.
13. I voted for Ron Paul in the primary.
12. I vote Pro-Life first, conservative economics second.
11. I believe G.W. Bush spent money like a drunken democrat.
10. I love playing with my computer, especially my blog. I sit on the couch and blog, while Josh watches reality TV. (blah!)
9. I hated school.
8. I love cats.
7. I love animals in general, except monkey's.
6. My favorite foods are: Stuffed Mushrooms, Feta Cheese/Grape Salads, Almonds, and Lobster.
5. I love to cook.
4. I hate to bake.
3. I am NOT creative. Not at ALL. I am horrible at anything crafty.
2. I love the feel of grass on my bare feet.
1. I love photography, even if I am not creative enough to be great at it.
PHEW! That was a lot!!!
THIS is important. MUCH more important than my 100 oddities. I want you to check out THIS (click) link. This family brought me to tears, and I am praying for them, and supporting them.
How to Take an Idea and Make it Work - There is a lot of information out there on how to use crowdsource software to generate new ideas. This information is all highly valuable and really impo...
9 hours ago