CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 8, 2009

Fast Times

How do you feed triplets lunch the day after a big picnic, and after dropping off your oldest child at overnight camp for the first time? On the floor of the kitchen of course!!! Ha! I cut up fruit, and gave them some potato salad and let them go at it.

I was distraught.

I was missing Reagan something terrible all day, even if I knew she was in good hands. You see, she was at the camp that Josh and I went to....
and the camp that Josh's dad went to. We grew up there. We knew that she was safe there, but we were PLANNING on her being a DAY camper. More on that in a moment....

First... the picture to the side is of Ethan's newest pet. Ethan collects "fella's" they are little silverish beetles that he finds under our porch steps. He collects dirt, bark, and puts them on top of the "fella's" in the cup...so that they have a nice home. He added an extra nice touch yesterday when he ran to the freezer and got out some ice. I asked what it was for and he said...."Mommy, it's HOT! They need some RELIEF!"

Hahahahaha!

Back to Reagan. OK. Reagan was SUPPOSED to be a day camper, meaning that we would drop her off in the morning and pick her up before the kids went to bed. When we took her to registration she hooked up with one of the kids who belonged to the people who run the camp. They hit it off instantly (no surprise to me...they have a lot in common) and Reagan BEGGED me to stay. I said OK, because I honestly thought that as soon as night fell she would call and say she wanted to come home.

That call never came.

She had the time of her life. She swam, she hiked, she "rode" ponies, she watched puppet shows, she ate ice cream.

I wrote her an email, and I think it annoyed her. :)

When Ethan and I came to pick her up they were singing their songs. Reagan was engrossed, and did not see us come in. She was totally in her element. She was dancing, and singing, and having the time of her life. I watched her with tears in my eyes....just silently praying that nothing has to change for her. Praying that a diagnoses does not hinder any of the joy that Reagan finds in nature, at camp, in horses...

If you talk to Reagan about her neck she gets very annoyed. She will tell you, "I am FINE. I just grew an EXTRA BONE!!!!!" She knows what the doctor told her. :) Smarty pants. (if you don't know the whole story....check HERE)

SO, a few things.....
#1. Reagan's MRI is TOMORROW in Pittsburgh. Prayers for a safe trip, a safe SEDATION (scary for me!), and wisdom for the doctors.
#2. Prayer for safety for the kids and the caretakers I am leaving behind (THANK YOU!).
#3. My husband is in Pittsburgh today for an insurance convention (fun!) prayer for safety.

I wanted to make it to the MOPS zoo trip today, but it's 9:00 and Reagan is still recovering in bed from camp!!! :) I am going to let her sleep as long as she wants, so it looks like I won't be making it.

Thank you everyone!